10 Things That Will Make You Happier by Collective Evolution
I am super excited to share this article that I read from Collective Evolution. If you don't know about this website, add it to your favorites! Collective Evolution is a site dedicated to "inspir[ing] us to begin expanding our way of thinking so we can take steps towards raising consciousness and creating BIG change on the planet."
Here is a brief description of the 10 things they claim that will make you happier, backed by science. Click here to read the full article and try to incorporate just one of these things into your routine! Remember, consistency is the key!
- Exercise More (Even just 7 minutes might be enough!)
- Sleep More (You'll be less sensitive to negative emotions)
- Live Closer to Work (A shorter commute is worth more than a big house)
- Spend More Time With Friends and Family
- Go Outside!
- Help Others (100 hours per year is the magical number)
- Practice Smiling (It can alleviate pain)
- Plan A Trip (But don't take one)
- Meditate (Rewire your brain for happiness)
- Practice Gratitude (Increase both happiness and life satisfaction
All of the above statements are backed by scientific studies that are detailed in the full article!
I can personally attest to the gratitude piece! Since starting on my journey of practicing reiki, my gratitude has been through the roof. Showing gratitude is part of the reiki lifestyle and I have practicing it every day, in every aspect of my life. Every time I hit a red light, I thank the universe as I may have gotten into an accident ahead. The other day I dropped a kombucha coming out of the grocery store and had to go back inside to get another one. I thanked the universe because maybe I would have gotten food poisoning. You can be thankful for EVERYTHING that happens...even the "bad." After about a month of consciously choosing to be thankful, I had a huge shift in my positive energy and elevation in my happiness. No matter what happens, I am thankful, and it has allowed me to live in WAY more peace than I had before.